Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

NEED HELP FIXING PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 justinhodgebic

justinhodgebic

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

OK OS LAST NIGHT I WAS TRYING AVAST ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM SO I UNINSTALLED Microsoft Security Essentials TO DO IT THEN PUT ON AVAST TRIED IT THEN I UNINSTALLED IT TO START USING Microsoft Security Essentials AGAIN AND NOW Microsoft Security Essentials DOES NOT WORK I HAD TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE JUST TO GET THE INTERNET BACK ON THIS COMPUTER IS ALL MESSED UP NOW. ALSO LAST NIGHT WHEN I TRIED TO GED AVAST IT STARTED TO INSTALL AVG SO I STOPPED THAT BEFORE IT BEGAN AND NOW I CANT GET IT OFF THE SYSTEM CAN YOU HELP.I REALY NEED SOME HELP AND SOMEONE TOLD METO TRY THIS PLACE OUT BEFOR I TAKE THIS TO THE COMPUTER STORE

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hi justinhodgebic,
Welcome to WTT :thumbup:

Download to your desktop from the below links and run the programs one at a time, making sure you reboot after each one has completed:

uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials (click on "Fix this problem").

For Avast! aswclear.exe

AVG Remover(32bit) 2013 or AVG Remover(64bit) 2013

Now try installing MSE.

When completed, defrag. your computer.

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.