Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93078 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Win32/Small.CA [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#46 bustamaj

bustamaj

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

Satchfan, I don't think the ESET online scan is working well on my computer. I let it run while I went to work last night through the night and for a total of 17 hours it has only scanned 29% of the computer. If you could please suggest another scan to try that would be great. For now I will let this one continue running. Thank you, Jeanette

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#47 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts
  • Interests:LFC, music, more LFC, more music

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Although I think all is clear, I would really like to see the results of an online scan to make sure that everything is as it should be.

Lets try a different one instead:

Before running it please note:
  • this scan MUST be performed using Internet Explorer
  • it can take up to an hour or longer, so please be patient
  • it is recommended that you disable your onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans to eliminate software conflicts and to speed up scan time
  • DO NOT surf the net while your resident protection is disabled!
  • once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your resident antivirus protection along with whatever antispyware applications you use.
Run the scan
  • perform an online scan with Panda Active Scan 2.0 by clicking here
  • click on the Scan Your PC Now button
  • click on the Scan now button and follow the instructions (you may have to install an active X component)
  • should you be required to register, click on Register
  • choose the option you like most, but we recommend Free Active Scan 2.0 (requires registration)
  • click on Register
  • enter your e-mail address and create a password.
  • select "I do not want to receive any type of information" (unless you want to receive such information).
  • click on Send
  • confirm your registration and continue by entering your user name and password, then click on Enter
  • select Full Scan, then click on Scan Now.
  • wait for the components to be loaded and installed. Don't close this window or go to another page while it is downloading
  • jf the scan finds any malware it can disinfect, the “Disinfect” button will be enabled. Click on Disinfect
  • please ignore the offer to buy the program
  • click on the Export To button to export the log and save it to your desktop.
Please post the contents of the log in your next reply.

Satchfan

NINA - Proud graduate of the WTT Classroom

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#48 bustamaj

bustamaj

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Hello Satchfan, I will run this scan tonight when I am done using my computer for the day. Thank you for sticking with me! Jeanette

#49 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

I will run this scan tonight when I am done using my computer for the day.

OK. Thanks for letting me know.

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#50 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi bustamaj Please let me know if you are still having problems running a scan. Satchfan

Member of UNITE

#51 bustamaj

bustamaj

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hello Satchfan, I have tried to download the Panda Scan and it keeps telling me that it does not run properly with Internet Explorer 64-Bit. Is there something else I can do to get this scan to work or maybe another scan all together? Thank you, Jeanette

#52 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

We're not doing very well here with the online scans are we? :smack: I'm pretty sure all is well so update your own Sophos antivirus and run a full scan. Let me know the result. Satchan

Member of UNITE

#53 bustamaj

bustamaj

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Satchfan, Love the smiley. I ran a Sophos scan and it says nothing was found not threats and nothing quarantined. Hopefully this means I am in the clear. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to make sure. Thank you again for all of your time and patience with me! Jeanette

#54 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Thank you again for all of your time and patience with me!

You are welcome.

You have done a good job Jeanette; your computer appears to be clean.

Now that you’re free from malware, as long as your computer seems to be running well, please follow these simple steps to tidy up you computer and decrease the likelihood of getting infected again:

Uninstall Combofix

Follow these steps to uninstall Combofix
  • click START then RUN
  • now type Combofix /uninstall in the runbox and click OK.
Note the space between the X and the /, it needs to be there.
Posted Image
  • please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • once it's finished uninstalling itself you will receive a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully.
===================================================

Uninstall OTL
  • double-click OTL.exe
  • click the CleanUp! button.
  • select Yes when the Begin cleanup Process? prompt appears.
  • if you are prompted to reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • the tool will delete itself once it finishes, if not delete it by yourself.
NOTE: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTL attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

You can just delete all other logs and programs we’ve used that are on your desktop. Just click on them and press Delete.

Update installed programs

Your version of Java is out-of-date and therefore vulnerable to infections

Remove all versions of Java or JRE environment1. From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
2. In Classic View, double-click Programs and Features. In Control Panel Home view, under "Programs", click Uninstall a program.
3. Select the program you want to remove, and click Uninstall. Alternatively, right-click the program and select Uninstall.
Install the latest version of Java from here

NEXT

Visit Adobe and download the latest version of Acrobat Reader (version X)
Having the latest updates ensures there are no security vulnerabilities in your system.

Recommended programs

SpywareBlaster. SpywareBlaster protects against bad ActiveX, it immunizes your PC against them. It blocks over 11,000 bad sites and uses no resources of your computer.

Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Download and install Spybot Search and Destroy which provides real time spyware and hijacker protection .

You should scan your computer with the program on a regular basis as you would with your anti-virus software.

A tutorial on installing and using SS&D can be found here:

Update and run Malwarebytes. This really is an excellent program that you should also update and run on a regular basis, probably weekly.

It’s important to keep programs up to date so that malware doesn't exploit any old security flaws.

FileHippo Update Checker is an extremely helpful program that will tell you which of your programs need to be updated.

MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.

I also recommend that you read the following:

How to prevent malware by miekiemoes

If I hear nothing for 24 hours I shall assume all is well and close the topic.

Safe computing

Satchfan

Member of UNITE

#55 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.

Member of UNITE

Advertisements

Register to Remove