Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

The best gaming laptops for your money?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jenfrag

Jenfrag

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I'm looking for gaming laptops that not only fits the game I want to play for , it should also fits my budget. Gaming laptops are equipped with more powerful than average video cards, in order to offer the best gaming experience possible. On the downside, those powerful video cards draw more power, so gaming laptops tend to have lower battery life than the average laptop. They also tend to be heavier, due to the additional cooling required for the more powerful video card(s). There are so many gaming laptops in the market, so many choices to choose for but do you know what are the specs of that laptop you want? does it really fits your budget? Share your insights on your gaming laptops that you bought.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Top 10 Best Gaming Laptops

The only problem with laptops for gaming is (1) very pricey and if it's a decent game you most likely will not be able to play on battery power and (2) there will always be a heat issue which will wear out a laptop sooner rather than later.

For $800 - 900 you build a good custom gaming rig that would wipe the floor with any "gaming" laptop (that all cost between $1800 and $3,500) and for another $100 you could have it put together for you!

Cheers,
Lee

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#3 Satchfan

Satchfan

SuperHelper

• Malware Team
  • 6,813 posts
  • Interests:LFC, music, more LFC, more music

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

:welcome: Jenfrag

Looks like Lee has pointed you in the right direction.

Do have a good look around the forum cos you may be able to ask for help and give some tips to other gamers.

NINA - Proud graduate of the WTT Classroom

Member of UNITE

The help you receive here is free but if you feel I have helped, you may consider making a Donation.

#4 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

... and if portability for LAN parties etc. is a must have, I used to own a small form factor 'Shuttle' (bare-bones model) which would play any game and had decent size fans fitted. Nowadays off-the-shelf models abound and the, Alienware X51 starting at around $700, looks like pretty good gear.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.