Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads, will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Win 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hello In Win 8 I want to get admin priv so I can see the contents of the imaging folders that say 'empty' when you hover but actually contain information. In Goggling, I found 8 ways but all seemed to be quite complicated. Do you have any easy suggestions once I am at the image icon to obtain administrative privileges.? Thank you Peter

Advertisement

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,033 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

The 0only way I know how to do this is to fully disable UAC, see here: Disabling User Account Control in Windows 8

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

The 0only way I know how to do this is to fully disable UAC, see here: Disabling User Account Control in Windows 8

Thanks for that; I did notice when you click through continue, it does eventually open. This was the case with the Win 8 imaging icons in Computer.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users