Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

return to a location

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Doug -I understand what you report and I am sorry it did not work out. Should I disregard Autoruns.??

Appleoddity
As I first told you, going back months if not years is a hard thing to do. I think I entered the foggy zone after my 7th decade.
I do have the key to both the Office for desktop and a different one for the laptop. I paid extra for them.
I reiterate, the Dell tech removed the partion for recovery then with the OS disc, formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS.
I can show you at least a picture of my C: alone when I do system restore and in disc management. I can't prove formatting but can only report it.
Please tell me what we are trying to accomplish? I thought there was a dialogue about 32 vs 64 and I just showd the 64 bit.
I am willing to comply with what is humanly possible for a layperson.
I still do not know if I should use 32 or 64 bit when I reinstall as 32 failed but 64 worked and is installed as you can see from my prntscrn.. :smack:

Edited by Peter1, 13 December 2012 - 03:29 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Peter, ultimately the goal is to get you back on to a 32-bit version of the program. If this is not what you want to accomplish there is no sense in us working further on this issue.

If it is what you want to accomplish, then in order for me to help you I have to have a complete picture of where I'm going. Because I never know if my terminology is the same as your terminology I have to be very clear in what you are telling me.

I don't ask questions unless I have a clear path I am heading. I'm not sitting in front of your computer so I am asking questions that are related to what we are trying to accomplish, while translating it through miles of internet, generational differences, and experience levels.

I would be a fool to tell you to uninstall Office without having a clear plan to reinstall it properly.

Please download an authentic copy of Office 2010 H&S 32-bit edition from here, using your product key: http://office.micros...X101853122.aspx

Do not try to install it. Just download the file.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#33 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hello Apploddity
I totally understand about the communication issue and now know your goal -thank you for that. I am going to attach the warning I got because I already have office installed. It did accept my product key but cautioned me not to proceed if Office is installed which it is.
If it was not I obviously could have proceeded.
I will wait to hear for both you about office and Doug about Autoruns.
Regards,
Peter

#34 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

That's ok. Please download and save the file for later.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.

#35 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

That's ok. Please download and save the file for later.

>.Are you syre MS is not thinking I a using it too often?

#36 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Microsoft doesn't care how many times you download it. They are just warning you that your product key is generally used with a version that is "pre-installed" on your computer. So, they suspect that you might already have it installed on your computer and don't want you to start trying to install something else. All of this is correct, they are right in their assumption.

#37 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

What would you do in my shoes now? There has been a lot of dialogue about this bit issue - we probably set a record for the longest thread in WTT.

#38 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Please download and save the software.