Infection cannot be removed by AVG [Solved]
Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:13 PM
Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:47 PM
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.
Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
- please follow all instructions in the order posted
- please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
- all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
- if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
- the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
- please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
- disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
- double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
- when done, DDS.txt will open.
- after a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
- save both reports to your desktop.
- Post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt reports in your next reply
- download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
- double click aswMBR.exe to run it
- if asked, accept the AVAST virus definition download
- click the "Scan" button to start scan
- on completion of the scan click Save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply. Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:26 PM
Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:40 AM
Unfortunately you have a serious infection on your computer but hopefully we'll be able to deal with it.
Download and run ComboFix
Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.
**Note: It MUST be saved directly to your desktop. Choose save as and then make sure you choose Desktop
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- when finished, it will produce a report for you.
- please post the C:\ComboFix.txt for further review.
Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:41 AM
Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:58 AM
I see you are using a “Registry Cleaner”, TuneUp Utilities 2012. It comes as an optional add-on when you download Free YouYube to MP3 Converter. However, It's not recommended to use registry cleaners/boosters.
The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, (and you are expert in the registry), I would suggest you leave the registry alone.
I strongly advise you to get rid of TuneUp Utilities 2012 and any other cleaner/optimizer/booster/tuneup/tweak type utilities that you have on this or any other computer.
One of the malware experts, miekiemoes, has an excellent write-up here
Another excellent article by Bill Castner is located here
Please download TDSSKiller.zip
- extract it to your desktop
- double click TDSSKiller.exe
- press Start Scan
only if Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected. Do not change it to Delete or Quarantine as it may delete infected files that are required for Windows to operate properly.
- click Continue > Reboot now
- copy and paste the log in your next reply
- a copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\) called TDSSKiller_*** (*** denotes version & date)
Please also include a new aswMBR scan
Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:58 PM
Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:58 PM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:16 AM
- double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- at the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish..
- if an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- when the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- when removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- the log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
- run AdwCleaner and select Delete
- when it has finished it will ask to reboot - allow the reboot
- on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply
Can you tell me how your computer is running and if there are any outstanding problems.
Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:45 PM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:04 PM
AVG is good but has become a bit bloated. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, (MSE), as do most of my colleagues. If you want to uninstall AVG and use MSE, let me know and I’ll include instructions when we tidy up.
Is AVG the best tool from this point forward, or do you recommend other (s).
Before that, one more scan which should show that all is clear.
Run ESET Online Scan
IMPORTANT Please make sure you uncheck the box next to Remove found threats. Eset will detect anything that looks even slightly suspicious, which could include legitimate program files. If you do not uncheck the box, Eset will automatically remove all suspicious files which could leave some of your software inoperable.
Note: You can use either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox for this scan. You will however need to disable your current installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be read here.
Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScan 1. Click the Eset online Scanner button.
2. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
• Click on esetinstaller.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
• Double click on the Eset installer icon on your desktop.
4. Click the Start button.
5. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
6. Check Scan archives
7. Push the Start button.
8. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
9. When the scan completes, push List of found threats
10. Push Export to Text file and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Note - if ESET doesn't find any threats, no report will be created.
11. Push the back button.
12. Push Finish
If a log has been produced post it in your next reply.
It is 1am here so I won’t be replying tonight – need my beauty sleep.
Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM
Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:05 AM
I use Microsoft Security Essentials but Avira and Avast are also very good and ones that we recommend. They are also all free.
Here are links to all three:NOTE: When toy have downloaded one of these, uninstall AVG before installing a different one and do NOT install more than one or they will fight against each other and render each ineffective.
Uninstall either AVG
- click on Start, Control Panel
- click Programs and Features
- scroll down the list and look for any AVG entry
- click on it and then on Remove.
When you have uninstalled AVG there will still be some remnants of it on your computer even after the uninstall so please download and run AVG Removal Tool from here.
Uninstall all versions of Java in the same way as you dyd for AVG.
Install the latest version here
NOTE – when you install Java, before clicking on Install, be sure to Uncheck “[b]Install the Ask Toolbar and make Ask my default search provider”
When you’ve done this, please send a new DDS log.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:28 PM
Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:56 AM
Similar Topics: Infection cannot be removed by AVG [Solved] x
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users