Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome Guest to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

We specialize in the removal of malicious software (malware), but here you'll find free help and support for all your tech questions. We invite you to ask questions, share experiences, and learn. Explore our message boards, or register now to post messages of your own. Please Start Here. Register today (registration removes advertising)

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Windows Updates for Office

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hi,

Are windows updates for Office necessary or do they come down to personal preference.

Cheers

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Roller coasters, Parachuting or anything else risky for a laugh lol.

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Updates are required for 3 reasons I can think of, bug fixes, improvements\new service(s), and security (closing holes), so to me Yes, they are needed, but hard core (aware) users may not agree, and it is true that updates have caused problems for some users, and many may suggest waiting to see if problems are being reported before installing updates themselves, which if your unfortunate enough to of been caught out previous, it's very understandable, so there is a bit of personal preference involved, but personally I always install updates when they come out, hope this helps a bit in your choice anyway.

#3 manicd

manicd

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hi 8210GUY & thank you for your opinion :thumbup:

#4 parihar7

parihar7

• Authentic Member
  • Pip