Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

gameux.dll problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hello

When I try to run Spybot search and destroy (check for problems) I get an error saying “c:\windows\syswow64\gameux.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.”Capture.JPG I have run a scannow and it did not solve my problem.
I have a topic on Spybots forum and they directed me here. http://forums.spybot...ed=1#post428032

Win 7 ultimate 64bit.

All other software seems to work fine

Hope some one can help
Calvin

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Open Computer, navigate to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64. Scroll down to gameux.dll. Right click on it and select Properties then the Details tab. Does it look like this: gameux.dll.jpg I'm curious why it is being executed (or is it).

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi Ztuker No it does not. Capture2.JPG This is interesting. I searched for it many times and it would not even show up there. It shows it is in C:\Windows\System32. Thanks Calvin

#4 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

But I do have one in C:\Windows\System32 Capture3.JPG I wonder if I should try to copy and past it to C:\Windows\SYSWOW64. Calvin

#5 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

:clap: Yippy That worked. I had to take ownership of the original ganeux.dll from trusted installer to delete it. but after that I copied the one from C:\Windows\System32 and pasted it in C:\Windows\SYSWOW64. and spybot is now scanning. I hope it will not cause other problems but all seems well. Thanks for pointing out that it was different. Warm regards Calvin

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

To make sure all is well, I would strongly urge you to open an Elevated Command Prompt and run sfc /scannow. This will check that all system files are there and not corrupted.

Click on the Start Orb.
Click on All Programs, Accessories, then right click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
Let it run to completion. It will tell you if it finds any problems.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#7 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

Hi Ztuker I did that before and it did not find any thing but it is a good idea to do it again. thanks Calvin