how to remove the malware "welcome to nginx/404 not found" [
Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:06 AM
Similar Topics: how to remove the malware "welcome to nginx/404 not found" [ x
Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:46 AM
**In any case where you happen to be busy or unable to give us a reply, we would be grateful if you keep us informed in advance and we will be more than happy to wait. Failure to do so we will have your thread closed in THREE(3) days.
Hello there, puloloy
I'm Conspire, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
Please observe these rules while we work:
- Read the entire procedure
- It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
- If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
- Stick with me till you're given the all clear.
- Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
- Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. Remember to backup all your important data(if possible) before moving on.
Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:47 AM
Please download Unhide.exe to your desktop:
- Double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run.
- This program will remove the hidden attributes from all the files on your system.
- Note: If you had purposely hidden any files, then you will need to hide them again after this tool has run.
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click on Minimal Output at the top
- Download the following file scan.txt to your Desktop. Click here to download it. You may need to right click on it and select "Save"
- Double click inside the Custom Scan box at the bottom
- A window will appear saying "Click OK to load a custom scan from a file or Cancel to cancel"
- Click the OK button and navigate to the file scan.txt which we just saved to your desktop
- Select scan.txt and click Open. Writing will now appear under the Custom Scan box
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
- Please download GMER from one of the following locations, and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zip Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop (applicable only to Zip mirror) .
- Double click or on your desktop.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
On your next reply please post :
Please STOP and let me know if you have any problems in performing with the steps above or any questions you may have.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users