Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Wireless PC to HDTV connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kbashaw23

kbashaw23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this, but here goes: I have a Sylvania LC260SS! LCD-HDTV, a computer running Windows Vista, a Roku 2, and a regular TV antenna. I want to watch programs, such as shows in my HULU Plus que, from the computer onto the televison. The reason I desire to do this is because there are many shows on HULU Plus that state they cannot be shown directly on the TV through the Roku 2. I have a D-Link DIR-601 wireless router. I would like to utilize the router because currently my computer isn't able to be put in the same room as the TV, plus, I do not want a bunch of wires laying across the floor. Is there anything I can use to accomplish this? I've been researching this on the internet for almost a month & all I've found are very expensive items.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

I am extremely limited in what I can advise as I can't view certain pages over the pond, but while waiting for someone who may have better knowledge and\or access to the info, here are 2 links that I hope will help.
Hulu Plus is available on connected TVs and Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, set-top boxes, mobile phones, and more. (Scroll down a little to the Roku for a guide, I am blocked from this so can't say more).
This is from the Roku forum, I add this just incase it throws some light on your issues, as there does appear to be an issue with certain aspects of the 2 devices.

Braindead