Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Download problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 The Moose

The Moose

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi-I think I have an TrojanHorseHider.mpr virus as avg keeps saying that it cant find the file or heal it. I have tried to follow your directions by d/loading OTL.exe first but the virus wont let me download ANYTHING. I can start the d/l but everytime it gets to the end it wont complete? Every time I start computer too a message pops up asking if I want to allow a change by Microsoft to the system (screen dims) and if I say no it just keeps coming back straight away until I press yes, which is when AVG pops up and says you have 2 viruses etc. I've just tried to attach a screen shot of failed d/l's but it wont let me attach a word doc

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

do you have access to another computer where you can download the programs and transfer over to the infected machine via USB?

are you able to boot into safe mode with networking?

Do you still have the same issues in safe mode?

What OS do you have? (32 or 64 bit)

Please try the following:

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
  • Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
[*]Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already there
[*]Press Scan button.
[*]type exit and reboot the computer normally
[*]FRST will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive, please copy and paste the log in your reply.
[/list]

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015