• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 1LTLos

1LTLos

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Greetings;
In addition to my computer being very slow, my Firefox browser seems to have been hijacked by SEARCHNU.COM /406
As per instructions I downloaded OTL and ran a scan. These two scans are enclosed within this post
Thank you
Los

Attached Files

Similar Topics: http://www.searchnu.com/406 [Closed]     x

#2 NoodleTech

NoodleTech

Malware Eradicator

• Malware Team
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi Los,

:welcome:

My name is NoodleTech. I would be glad to assist you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • Please be aware that removing malware is not without risk and while unrecoverable damage to systems is rare, it can happen and may require a re-format and re-install of your operating system. Because of this it is a good idea to back-up anything important saved on your computer.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Do not delete anything unless instructed to.
  • DO NOT use tools such as ComboFix without supervision.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clean.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Failure to respond within 3 days will result in this topic being closed - If you need more time to complete the steps required, please let me know.
===================================================

Please download aswMBR.exe and save it to your desktop. 

Double click aswMBR.exe to start the tool. (Vista/Windows 7 users - right click to run as administrator)

Click Scan
  • Upon completion of the scan, click Save log and save it to your desktop, and copy and paste that log in your next reply for review.
  • Note - do NOT attempt any Fix yet.
  • You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat.
  • Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file.
  • Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well.

#3 1LTLos

1LTLos

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Not sure if its working -- Do not see that Dat file

#4 NoodleTech

NoodleTech

Malware Eradicator

• Malware Team
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi Los,

That's fine, I just need to see the aswMBR.txt that is generated when you press Save Log.

#5 NoodleTech

NoodleTech

Malware Eradicator

• Malware Team
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Do you still need help?

#6 NoodleTech

NoodleTech

Malware Eradicator

• Malware Team
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.
If you need help please start a new thread.

New members follow the instructions here http://forums.whatth...ed_t106388.html and start a new topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users