Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech Forums - Register now for FREE

We're your place for tech questions. Join 87486 others, and join the conversation. Ask questions. Find answers. Share your ideas and opinions. Browse our community. You'll find experts who enjoy helping others. Who explain technical issues in a non-technical way that anyone can understand. Create an account today (it's 100% free)!

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Internet lagging EVERY day and mostly same time

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Whiptea

Whiptea

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hey, No, he had an ipad like thing and he ran some at&t specific tests that showed all the bandwidth connections, upstream downstream, etc. Basically he checked the signal going from my house to their central office, and it was perfectly fine.

#17 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi Whiptea, So was he able to use your Internet without problems on his IPad whilst your machines were unable to..? Sorry to labour the point but its pretty fundamental.... If this is the case then its likely that all 7 of your machines are suffering from the same problems........and this seems a bit unlikely. Regards paws

#18 Whiptea

Whiptea

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hey Sorry I didn't make it clear enough, lol. >.< He brought his pad and showed me this test that at&t techs use which brings up their servers and what my connection speed to their servers is. He didn't really USE my internet, just checked the speed with a more detailed test. Basically, the test showed that I had no bandwidth loss, download speed was fine, etc. He also told me that if it was an electrical problem, it would be invisible to the test.

#19 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi Whiptea, I don't want to labour the point but you need to get him back, watch him like a hawk and also use your own machines at the same time as he accesses your Internet via his machineand via your router...compare the speeds he is getting with the ones you are getting...... Look over his shoulder whilst he's doing it...you may need to get family members to use all your machines during the tests! I think this is the only way you will get to the bottom of it... Its tedious I know but you have to do what you have to do! Regards paws

Edited by paws, 11 April 2012 - 02:32 AM.