Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech Forums - Register now for FREE

We're your place for tech questions. Join 87596 others, and join the conversation. Ask questions. Find answers. Share your ideas and opinions. Browse our community. You'll find experts who enjoy helping others. Who explain technical issues in a non-technical way that anyone can understand. Create an account today (it's 100% free)!

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Very Meesed up interesting machine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bharris3

bharris3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hello, Someone was on this machine and downloaded a lot of BAD stuff. A lot of carp** invaded this machine before we caught him. Needless to say he is banned, banned, banned! Anyway there is so much carp** on this machine, I've run Malwarebytes and Superanitspyware, multiple times. So far I've gotten over 700 malware programs. But the registry is all messed up and I don't have a clue as to what to do with this. One of the issues is that we get a request to do a check disk, when I try this it goes along till is hits what it says is a bad sector and then tells me I have to do a windows restore. When I try to do a restore it tells me I can't because I have a bad sector. Catch-22 Another is the power monitor wont recognize the cord they sent us and will not charge the battery saying its the wrong adapter. This of course is nonsense. Please, please please, I really need help with this. Let me post the log: Attached File  WTT_bharris3_HJT.txt   12.9KB   4 downloads Thanks in advance for your help/ Bill

Edited by Doug, 19 March 2012 - 08:18 PM.
Rolled up HJT log

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hi bharris3, What a headache. From the description of your problem, your top priority should be saving all of your important documents and files to a safe external storage media. You should also be prepared to have your hands on the installation CD/DVD's for any of your important application programs and their Product Key codes for activation. It appears that you are suggesting a full restore of the machine's system to factory original. That's not a bad idea, given the catastrophy that was visited upon the machine. Just so you know, we won't assist with speciific Malware Removal in this Forum, and we do not favor posting of HJT Logs in open text format. HJT logs "can" provide useful information even in these tech forums, so thank you for the effort. Therefore I have rolled up your HJT and placed it as an attached file. If your intention is to format and reinstall, you are in the correct Forum. If instead, you were hoping for Malware Removal assistance, you will need to post to that Forum instead. It appears that this machine is running a version of Windows 7 and is loaded with MS Office 2010? But the HJT reference to OS as Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3505 SP1) makes no sense to me. Tell us about the native windows operating system version. Also what resources do you have for repair or reinstallation of Windows operating system. And have you used any of the onboard automated windows repair features as of yet?