Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Roxio Creator 10.33 Premier Blue - ray

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I used Revo but have a folder in documents and other remnants. Is there another way to rid the machine of this program's left overs?

Advertisement

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,055 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

None that I'm aware of. Revo is the best I know of. It can only get rid of what it can find and to do that it has to know where to look. I don't know how it accomplishes what it currently does. You'll have to get rid of other stuff manually, or do an image restore to before you installed it, unless it's been there along time, then manual cleanup is all there is.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Revo Uninstaller is one of the very few utility applications of which I am willing to purchase the paid version. One of the advantages of the paid version is "Traced Install". With "Traced Install", it is possible to right-click on an application's installation package to initiate "Traced Install" whereby Revo will create a log of all installed and changed files and configurations. Later, during Uninstall of "traced programs", Revo knows all the places to look and remove. I "test" a lot of applications, and therefore find it useful to get a very clean uninstall if/when I dispose of an application.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,055 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Worth thinking about. Does it also allow you to select more than one application at a time to uninstall?

#5 Doug

Doug

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Worth thinking about. Does it also allow you to select more than one application at a time to uninstall?

Does it also allow you to select more than one application at a time to uninstall?

No.
And while I possibly catch the drift of your purpose, I haven't seen that kind of batching with any similar product either.

#6 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for sharing that info. about Revo Doug. I think I just might upgrade to paid for version as I'm often trying out various programs. Cheers, Lee

#7 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:04 AM

If it helps, I saw that word 'batch' with iobit when I tried the program..

I uninstalled Roxio via add/remove. I know there are remnants but better than the whole program.
I took a chance and deleted a folder in documents called music. I then scoured the machine and everything worked except MBAM which said it was missing and asked to install a new one to which I said yes.
I gambled that a restore point would allow me to go back to where I was if there ws an issue.
I know my life is the topic of the day but I just wanted to let you know what the scenario was.
Thank you for the comments.
From now on, it is restore points and Acronis at the first chance.

The following is probably a come on right?

http://www.google.co...7...3Dcc41&ba=1

Edited by Peter1, 13 March 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#8 Doug

Doug

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

I used the word "batch" again early this morning when I was making turkey vegetable rice soup for a group of snow-boarders who are frequent guests in my home and have grown to enjoy a hot meal in the middle of their snow-boarding adventures. I also baked a "batch" of oatmeal raison cookies as energy snack munchies for them... but using the word "batch" didn't make me think of iobit, Revo, or anything related to computers. I used the word "batch" in my previous post to refer to the specific scripting language term as it has to do with creating a sequence of commands that can be held together in a type of file known as a "batch" and has the file extension .bat. The batch script causes the sequence of commands to be executed in a particular order such that one function if performed, followed by a second function, and third, and so on. When I think of "batch" I do not think of iobit. In fact, when I think of iobit, I think of shoddy, disrespectful and perhaps illegal activities. Needless to say, I do not use nor do I recommend use of iobit products. (You initially used the word "credible" as in, is the following linked program "credible"? but you have since edited your post.) As to your mention of the word "credible", I think of President Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon. Although I voted for the guy (twice) and still believe that he was a great president for our country during a particularly difficult time at the end of the Vietnam War and during some terribly complex times of re-establishing international relationships, notably with China while remaining at odds with Soviet Russia... Dick Nixon will long be remembered for incidents before, during and after his resignation, in which the term "credible" played a strong role. At the time, neither politicians, nor public officials, nor news reporters were brave enough to use words like: "honest", "truthful", "authenticated", "proven", "accurate", nor "lie", "lying", "criminal", nor other bold but accurate words. Instead, Nixon attempted to "appear credible". That is, he wanted to be "believable". He wanted to be believed, because though he had become involved with atrocious criminal behavior (of others under his direct and indirect command) he truly believed that he was acting in the best interests of the US. In the final analysis his efforts failed. "Credible" became a stock word in political parlance as a result and the reference later evolved (devolved) into the concept of "plausible deniability". "Credible" means - ability to be believed. Credible does not mean - truthful, or accurate, or authentic, or proven, or honest. It simply means "believable". Lotsa things are "credible", including a second shooter on a grassy knoll , but can't or haven't yet been proven. Lotsa computer application utilities make "credible" claims, that can't be or have not yet been proven. such as Best antivirus, best Registry Cleaner, best system Optimizer, best Defrag utility, and similar. The program to which you refer... Best Removal Tool ... makes "credible" claims that have yet to be proven. My own experience and repeated successful use of Revo Uninstaller, along with testimonial from widely respected Forum and Professional individuals, leads me to believe AND actually Know, that Revo is safe, reliable, and effective. That's what I want in a computer utility. The other utility may make "credible" claims, but has yet to be proven. I'll bet I can make a "credible" guess as to the language spoken by the developers and promoters of that product. :P I wouldn't use it.

#9 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

When think of links between IObit and "credible", I think of Chinese-US Cybercrime.
IObit accused of stealing from Malwarebytes.

Advertisement