Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 black22

black22

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

may comp. is 10 years old Ive use windows XP and this is my problem my comp is keep on freezing Ive install registry booster, Ccleaner,registry cleaner but it keeps on freezing what can i do pls help me!!!

Advertisement

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hi black22, and welcome to the WTT forums. Sorry to hear of the problem with your computer.... there were a lot of computers made 10 years ago..... it would be helpful to know the: 1 make and model number. 2 The version of Windows XP that you have installed ... 3 and whether its the Home, Professional, or Media Centre edition. 4 What Service Packs do you have installed..... none 1, 1a 2, 3......? 5 Are all important and critical Windows updates installed? 6 What error messages are you receiving?(full details please, copy them down and post them back in your reply) 7 What changes have you made to your computer recently? new applications installed, new hardware etc...(full details needed please) 8 When the does the "freezing" happen....? 9 Can you do something to induce the freezing or does it happen at random? 10 Does the computer boot up correctly and then after a while freeze....... if so after how many minutes does this happen? 11 How much RAM do you have installed? 12 What is the processor type, speed and make, example Pentium P3 or P4 etc 2ghz 13 What anti virus protection are you running ..... example Norton 360 or McAfee Internet Protection Suite Microsoft Security Essentials etc..........is it up to date? 14 Is your Windows XP operating system a correctly licenced one with the correct Certificate of Authenticity? 15 Have you tried booting from a Live distro of Linux like Puppy for example? Post back with the information please (number your answers as shown above please) and we will do our best to help Regards paws