Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome Guest to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

We specialize in the removal of malicious software (malware), but here you'll find free help and support for all your tech questions. We invite you to ask questions, share experiences, and learn. Explore our message boards, or register now to post messages of your own. Please Start Here. Register today (registration removes advertising)

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Can't receive email from gmail accounts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 punkinsmom

punkinsmom

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Digital scrapbooking, Cocker Spaniels

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

Several of my clients have gmail accounts. My 2003 Server will not deliver these emails. My client receives the following 550 550 5.7.0 Access Denied Is there a setting I can change on my server to allow these emails to come through. My clients tell me my server is the only one that gives them this problem. Thanks for any suggestions Sherrie (Punkinsmom)

Edited by punkinsmom, 16 February 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 2,953 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

You weren't real specific. I'm assuming you are running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and your server is unable to receive e-mail that is sent from a gmail account? The message your server returns is 550 5.7.0 Access Denied?

This message is caused by connection filtering in Exchange Server blocking the IP address of the sending server. You will need to check your DENY list, or disable connection filtering on your SMTP virtual server.

This article should give you enough information to figure out what you need to adjust:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823866

Take a look at the "exceptions to the connection filter" section.

#3 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi Sherrie,

I saw a few cases of this after a quick Google search. Try creating an adding an SPF record to your domain's DNS configuration.

Regards,

Ax