Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Deus Ex: Human Revolution pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

The gaming world is truly changing. Consoles are now "king" and have become the main market for games (made for console, ported to pc) with very few exceptions. Gamers raving about new games now were obviously brought up on a diet of console games and go "WOW" when they see it's ported pc version running at decent frame rates :lol:

I've just finished this game and I've gotta agree with these comments (mildly paraphrased for clarity) from dannybohy I read on a gaming site here.

"Ok! If you are like me and paid silly money on your late 90`s PC rig and played the original Deus Ex and think its about the best game ever made? Then you will be very disappointed with this game.
The main reason has been mentioned in reviews here already and is very simple. We live in a gaming environment dominated and held-back by consoles!

When PC games once innovated and were years ahead of consoles they are now being held back in every way. Graphically, story-lines, mechanics, Everything!.
I imagine your average console gamer will think this is an awesome game. But a PC owner will wonder what the hell happened and why doesn't this game look or play better than the original. Its been 10 years for gawds sake!.

This game was not made for PC then ported. not even close. As soon as I spotted the option for xbox gamepad I knew I was in trouble.
The graphics are nothing like what they should be. Poor textures, lighting and don't even expect anything as nice as Crysis2 PC here!.
The mechanics are made for consoles and an awful experience trying to play with keyboard.

Its obvious the person who mapped the keyboard controls has never actually played PC FPS games.
The story is extremely predictable. The bad guys and street punks are outdated and overdone uber stereotypes. Street gangs around burning bins, prostitutes with the obvious `hey big boy , want a good time` remarks are laughable. Apart from Jensen perhaps, the facial animation is dreadful and no great leap from the original game ten years ago. Ive just spent an entire game being bored to death by obvious dialogue, door hacking, climbing through a vent, door hacking, climbing a ladder, door hacking ... ZZZZZzzzzz!

Worst of all the shooting mechanics is painful.
Even if you chose a good old shoot out to liven things up, you will wish you just carried on down the vent and up another ladder!
The aiming is console poor even with Mouse and keyboard. The bullet physics is fairyland and the weapons are as dull as dishwater.
Then there is the running around the smallest city in the world. Why not allow us to get in the cars at least?

This is another once great PC game which takes its place next to Call of Duty MW2, UT3 , when great PC game franchises died, we got short changed and held back and cra**** on with a dire console port. Afterwards I decided to install the original game instead and it's still awesome!"

Pretty much my own experience of the game and oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about the silly and tedious boss fights ....

About right ...
http://en.wikipedia....uman_Revolution

Many reviews complained about the game's boss fights. Specifically, for a game that promotes stealth and non-lethality, many reviewers found the boss fights (where Jensen is essentially forced into lethal firefights) incongruous. The British Daily Mirror newspaper wrote "the boss battles feel out of place",[55] PSM3 considered the game "Rich, atmospheric and open-ended, but let down by twitchy AI and out-of place boss fights".[56] Gamespot said "Poor boss fights remove the element of choice",[46] and finally Game Informer mentioned "horribly repetitious arena fights against super-powered foes that can usually drop Jensen before he even knows what hit him."[45] Square Enix outsourced the development of the boss fights to GRIP Entertainment.[57]

Cheers,
Lee

Edited by Lee, 05 February 2012 - 09:38 PM.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Jenfrag

Jenfrag

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

Very well read. Thanks for the share.