Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

How do I network Laptop(wireless) to Desktop(Wierd)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jinx Jack

Jinx Jack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

The Laptop has "Windows 7 32-bit" and Desktop "Windows 7 64-bit", they are both connected through a Modem wireless and wired respectfully. They both are detected in a network, but they cannot be detected in a homegroup, and when i go to networks and click on the other computer it asks Network username and password. It is the same situation in both the computers. Both are detected in Modem home page, and i can ping the other computer IP. How can share things in both computer? Can anyone help?

Edited by Jinx Jack, 18 January 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,083 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Lots of help for this available via Google: windows 7 share homegroup

Look at some of them. Come back if you still have questions.

#3 Jinx Jack

Jinx Jack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

It all right and fine, but the other computer does not show up in the homegroup. It only shows in the Network computers, and even their when accessed, it asks for a Network password!

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,083 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Did you look at any of the links from the Google page I posted?