Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

wireless network connection...unable to connect

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 solo58

solo58

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop computer, running Windows XP SP3, Intel ® PRO/Wireless 3945 ABC Network Connection Just today, my laptop stopped being able to connect to my home network. The other computers are connected. The network appears in available networks. There are four green bars, so the signal is strong. I've disabled, then reenabled the WEP connection. I've disabled then reenabled the adapter in Device Driver. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Click on Start then Run and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents ia a reply here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 solo58

solo58

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

I have another problem; the power chord just went kaput. Need to get a new one tomorrow, then will get back on this. when it rains, it pours

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

No problem, I'll be here when you get ready.

Rich

#5 solo58

solo58

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

OK...so after the wife making two trips to Office Depot to get a power chord that didn't fit, even with adapters... Yours truly went to the store...only to find they don't have any power chords that fit. Just for fun, I and the tech tried another chord's power section...and...it worked... Then we tried the original chord's power section...and...it also worked ! Slightly embarrassed I came home to restart the problem we had originally...and...the wireless connection problem has ...gone away! Boy do I look silly. :( We can close this discussion. Thanks for all your help. By the way...is there some way I can receive an email notification when you reply?

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Notification should be automatic for any thread you started or posted in.

Additionally, while looking at this thread, there is an Options box at top right. Click on it and select Track this topic. That should fix it if it's not working. If not post here and I'll ask one of the gurus to take a look.

Edited by Ztruker, 06 January 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Rich

#7 solo58

solo58

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

I am not receiving email notifications; even though I am signed up already. If you could have one of the gurus check this out, I'd appreciate it. Thank you,

#8 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

I asked to have someone look into this.

Edit:
Also, are you sure the E-mail address you used when registering is correct?

Edited by Ztruker, 09 January 2012 - 11:46 AM.

Rich

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

How do you view your E-mail? Is it via your web browser or do you download it to your computer and read it there using Outlook Express, Thunderbird or some other E-mail program?

Also make sure whatthetech.com is not being blocked or treated as spam.

It's been suggested that you :

-- Clear temporary internet files: Do this from IE via Tools, Internet Options. Click on the Delete button under Browsing History. On the next page you select what you want to delete. Make sure Temporary Internet Files is checked then press Delete.

-- Clear Java Cache: see here: How do I clear Java cache?

-- Clear DNS: Open a Command Prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

I don't know if this will help but it won't hurt anything so give it a try. Once you've done that I can post a reply here and we'll see if you get it or not.

Rich

#10 solo58

solo58

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

that's it, it was going into SPAM. Many thanks.

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Glad that was it.

Rich