Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

KIndle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

I have both norton and a belkin router. Is it necessary to disable both to set up a Kindle?

Advertisement

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hi Peter, When I set up Kindle's for my customers I don't disable anything..... I just make a note of the router's SSID (the name that the routers wireless access point broadcasts) and set the Kindle to "connect" to it...it will then ask for the password or WPA key and after I type this in it connects and then in future remembers it all.... Hope this is the sort of info you wanted but if not post back and I'll do my best to clarify Regards paws

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

Thank you very much for your help. I persevered and finally succeeded;I did not like to have my characters exposed regarding the router key and I worked around it. I did the work and my wife will read the books. Dagwood Bumstead. :clap:

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

Happy Reading...! :D Regards paws

Advertisement