Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

How to get rid of a trojan/backdoor virus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 terenkleon

terenkleon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

I left my laptop on all night, so internet was not responding (hate windows 7.) AVG said I had a trojan/backdoor virus and that I should quarantine it for later decision. I clicked quarantine, but my entire computer was frozen, not just internet. I had to turn off my laptop manually, then back on. I clicked on AVG so I could run a full computer scan. It said, "You may not have appropriate permission..." What? How could it not be appropriate? My mom said to fully shut it down and turn it back on; I did, but I got the same results. The only things accessible are the little icons on the bottom right corner and the right click options. HELP!!!!

Advertisement

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hi terenkleon, and welcome to the WTT forums
Sorry to hear of the trojan problem with your computer.
Please go here:
http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388
and read and then follow the directions carefully.
Once you have posted your logs (not here but in the virus and spyware removal forum) then please wait..... only make one post, until you receive a response, as the malware removal experts look for topics with just the one post.
If you find that you cannot get your computer working sufficiently well for you to use the tools and make a log file then just include a sentence or two in your post, to that effect so that the expert malware fighter can advise you of the next steps to take.
Regards
paws

Edited by paws, 15 December 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#3 cherrywarrior

cherrywarrior

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

Go to the virus removal section and post your problem there. They will help you out.

Advertisement