Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome Guest to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

We specialize in the removal of malicious software (malware), but here you'll find free help and support for all your tech questions. We invite you to ask questions, share experiences, and learn. Explore our message boards, or register now to post messages of your own. Please Start Here. Register today (registration removes advertising)

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Stuck on "Identifying..." When Trying to Connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawnae_s

shawnae_s

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hello, I think I have a problem with my network adapter. My computer will not let me connect to the internet. When I open my network sharing center, it says that it is connected to the network but it will not connect further on to the internet; it just says "Identifying...(Public network)" When I open up the windows network diagnostics, it says that "there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer." I try the repair options that it gives me to fix the problem but it always says "Windows tried a repair but problem still exists." I know that it is not a problem with the network because my roommates are able to connect to the internet. I has done this on every network that I have tried to connect to. The signal strength is very good yet this continues to occur. Is there anything that I can do so that I can connect to the internet? Thanks, Shawnae

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 6,997 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Need more information please: Complete make and model number of your computer? Laptop or Desktop? What operating system?