Stuck on "Identifying..." When Trying to Connect to Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawnae_s

shawnae_s

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Hello, I think I have a problem with my network adapter. My computer will not let me connect to the internet. When I open my network sharing center, it says that it is connected to the network but it will not connect further on to the internet; it just says "Identifying...(Public network)" When I open up the windows network diagnostics, it says that "there might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer." I try the repair options that it gives me to fix the problem but it always says "Windows tried a repair but problem still exists." I know that it is not a problem with the network because my roommates are able to connect to the internet. I has done this on every network that I have tried to connect to. The signal strength is very good yet this continues to occur. Is there anything that I can do so that I can connect to the internet? Thanks, Shawnae

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 6,850 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

Need more information please: Complete make and model number of your computer? Laptop or Desktop? What operating system?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users