Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

laptop dead

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 malcolmd

malcolmd

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

hi I was woundering whether one can help me. my laptop went off on me the other day and wont turn on, could someone advise what could be the issue. idont think its the battery. many thanks for ur help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Hi Malcolmd and welcome to the WTT forums. Sorry to hear that your notebook computer wont start. A little more information would be helpful.... 1 Make and model number of your computer 2 Operating system installed and service pack level 3 Do you have a complete backup copy /archive of everything that is importnat to you on your computer keft safe on removable media? 4 Do you have the Microsoft Operating System Installation disc, or a Manufacturers Restore disc? 5 You say your computerwent "off on you" can you provide an amplification of this extra information description etc 6 Have you disconnecected the Interne cablet ,emptied any disc drives, removed CD/DVDs flash drives, memory sticks and any printers scanners or other USB devices (have nothing at all connected to it and then removed the battery, connected the mains electric wire (via the supplied power supply unit) and then held the "power on button down for 15 seconds.....then waited 30 seconds and then pushed the power on button once..... if not please try this and let us know what happens. 7 Are any fans running on the laptop when you try and power it on? (look underneath ,listen and feel for vibrations indicating a fan turning.... 8 Are any lights visible anywhere...look carefully all over the machine.... Please give a full report ...remember we may be many thousand of miles away from you so we must rely upon your observation skills and ability to fully describe exactly how your computer is reacting if we are to assit you. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate