Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech Forums - Register now for FREE

We're your place for tech questions. Join 87597 others, and join the conversation. Ask questions. Find answers. Share your ideas and opinions. Browse our community. You'll find experts who enjoy helping others. Who explain technical issues in a non-technical way that anyone can understand. Create an account today (it's 100% free)!

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

My Favorite App

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 toyotomi

toyotomi

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Google Maps is easily my favorite mobile app. It goes far beyond the functionality of the Google Maps you know from the website. It's GPS enabled (as well as coarse network-based location), so you can see right where you are down to a few meters. Layers give you the ability to see the map with satellite imagery, traffic flow/congestion, terrain, public transit lines, and more. It also has a "places directory" that will give you listings of nearby restaurants, bars, gas stations, etc, complete with ratings and reviews. My favorite feature however, is Google Navigation which comes with it. You can launch it from within the main Google Maps app, or from its own app icon. It's a fully featured GPS navigator that gives turn-by-turn voice directions (or a list if you prefer) to your destination, and can navigate both driving, and walking routes. You can speak your destination, type it in, pick it out of your contacts, "Star" places for future trips, or even make a shortcut icon on your homescreen for one-click navigation. You can even set it to avoid highways or tolls when calculating your route. Even if you don't use it all the time, you'll be glad it's there when you need it. The best feature of all, however, is that it's free!

#2 stone005

stone005

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 05:26 AM

I like Tamil app ..It provides information about basic letters and example words appropriate for those letters along with audio pronunciation in the back ground...so easy to learn Tamil language...and also social networking like face book goggle + skype ,space ,twitter ,tagged,linkendn,etc....if u learn means use that Tamil alphabet1

#3 chrisking73

chrisking73

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

I agree, I think that all of the Google apps are finished to a high quality. I love Google earth, I just like checking out all the houses around mine and generally being nosey.

#4 excelserious

excelserious

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:15 PM

I rely on google maps for home deliveries job. Beats a sat nav hands down.

#5 solo58

solo58

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

I agree, Google Maps is fabulous; I use it every day in my commute; especially for traffic notifications. I change my route and save a lot of time just with this feature. But...I recently updated my google aps on my HTC Incredible. The orientation of the map as I drive is no longer adjusting with the heading I'm on. That is: previously, the map and the direction I was heading was oriented straight up. The streets that I passed on the left and right, were oriented the same on the phone. After the update the map no longer adjusts to the direction I am heading. Instead the map remains in a north south orientation and the direction I'm heading is simply displayed on the map....not so user friendly. I compared to Magellan and Tom Tom; these GPS devices (competitors?) use the old way that I liked. Anybody else notice this change?

#6 Daughtry

Daughtry

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

Twitter, Facebook, Angry Birds, Calendar.... There are so many of them!

#7 jackmayfield

jackmayfield

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

My favorite app is the fruit ninja. It keeps me entertaining all the time.

#8 helpen

helpen

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

TossPaper, i love it :)

#9 iphonex

iphonex

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Yes google map app is one of the best app, and i also like whatsapp its good for chating connecting with friends.

#10 Ohmytech

Ohmytech

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

TuneIn Radio is a great app - it lets you listen to radio stations all over the world! I love it :) Also, Shazam - if you hear a song and don't know who sings it, it can tell you the name of the song and the artist! Pretty awesome I think!