Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Uniblue Registry Booster 2 - continous erros

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dconant1

dconant1

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:34 AM

I've done some scans this morning on my Dell inspiron 1520 laptop: CCleaner; defrag; scandisk; uniblue registry booster 2. I must have something going on b/c (1) my computer is running a bit slower than yesterday and (2) the Uniblue isn't able to repair all the errors. This is a message that I get from Uniblue: "Cannot export C:Documents and Settings\Application Data\Uniblue\Registry Booster2\1308921730\1148766.reg:Error opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error." So I have done the Uniblue scan 4 times this morning with these results: (1) 58 errors found; 50 errors fixed; (2) 10 errors found; 9 errors fixed; (3) 4 errors found; 3 errors fixed; (4) 3 errors found; 2 errors fixed. So why is that happening? Shouldn't it just continue to fix the errors until it can't fix certain ones or has fixed everything? Not sure what to do with my system to get it back to full functioning.

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

Registry is highly inter-linked.
Removing one or more items in a first pass scan may result in discovery of additional items that are no longer valid in a second pass scan.

I'm not a user of UniBlue, nor of any "automated" registry cleaner/optimizer, nor do we advocate for such here.
They are quite capable of creating more problems that they fix.

If you have the registry backup from before you made the changes, follow the uniblue procedure for restoring the prior registry configuration.

Otherwise, you may benefit from using Windows System Restore to jump back to a status prior to your uniblue adventure.

If you get back to that prior status, you may very well experience the same or similar problems that provoked you to launch your tune-up utilities.

Instead of repeating any automated fixes, consider posting a description of the difficulty in hopes of discovering a manual or at least more well informed solution.

Windows Forum would be a good place to post.