Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech Forums - Register now for FREE

We're your place for tech questions. Join 87516 others, and join the conversation. Ask questions. Find answers. Share your ideas and opinions. Browse our community. You'll find experts who enjoy helping others. Who explain technical issues in a non-technical way that anyone can understand. Create an account today (it's 100% free)!

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Setting up a new processor with HDTV?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mad

mad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:40 PM

I work in the office of a small retail store using an old computer and have purchased a new Lenovo ThinkCentre from their outlet store. The stats: Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core G6950 (2.80GHz, 3MB L2, 1066MHz FSB) Genuine Windows XP Professional - English (Downgraded from Windows 7 Professional) Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD 2GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz SDRAM UDIMM Memory 250GB, 7200RPM Serial ATA 2.5" Hard Drive DVD Recordable 8x Max Dual Layer The information I received stresses the importance of – when turning it on for the first time – follow the instructions to complete the software installations (although – I don’t believe it has any software included). I wanted to get the computer set up while at home before taking it into the store but the monitor is at the store; I have a small LCD HDTV that I was going to connect using a VGA monitor cable. Will I be able to use the TV with RGB input while turning it on for the first time – or should I wait until I have the monitor from the store? I’m afraid to do anything right now because of fear that I won’t be able to see anything on the TV. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

yes that should work fine, i think you made a mistake tho downgrading the operating system from win 7 to xp. :popcorn:

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:51 AM

yes that should work fine, i think you made a mistake tho downgrading the operating system from win 7 to xp.

:popcorn:

Agreed. :thumbup:

#4 mad

mad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

:blush: I hear ya. In my defense - and I know I need one - the store I work/am a member of (it's a co-op) has 4 computers - all of which have XP OS with the primary use of a POS program networked together. We can't afford to upgrade all of the computers to W7 - along with the sad fact that most of the people working - don't do well with change..... :smack: They run me ragged...... I will sign off and start setting up the - sad to admit - downgraded - new computer...... :wavey: Thank you for your help and advise. :notworthy: