• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flyingfish

Flyingfish

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Armadillos, llamas, and occasionally I go slummin' with the El' Packas. But only the ones with small ears.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for your help upfront, I really appreciate your time helping me. I've had an issue with my preloaded bvrp fax software for over a year now. I don't know if I killed it, or a virus clean up scan nuked it. Either way it stopped working and I hope you can help me restore it. When I lauch the software it seems to work fine. It walks you through the fax setup,I can scan the docs fine, and enter the fax number, and a message if needed. Then when I goto send nothing happens, the window that would popup to start the sending process does not initialize. I think this is where the dirver is located, and the program. C:\FAXTools\faxtools C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\bvrp_pci.sys I tried downloading the program again from the internet but it looks like it's an old program that is out of date. If this one cannot be restored any help with a good free application? All the fax tools I've seen are pay-to-play. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:22 AM

if i remember correctly you can't send fax over a dsl lan connection and you need to connect to the internet with a dial up modem.

so i guess the first thing to do is check how your connecting to the internet.

:popcorn:

this link may be worth reading too:- http://en.wikipedia....ki/Internet_fax seems there's a few ways to send faxes, the last time i sent one(years ago) i used a dial-up modem to fax machine.

Edited by terry1966, 14 March 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#3 Flyingfish

Flyingfish

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Armadillos, llamas, and occasionally I go slummin' with the El' Packas. But only the ones with small ears.

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

Now that I think about it, the issue might have started when i switched to comcast, but I am not sure. I use a phone line from my computer built in modem and connect the comcast cable router that the phone connects to via a splitter. Does it matter that the comact modem/phone is a cable modem? If so, do you know if they can set up a phone jack? What do you think? Is there any fax software that works with a cable modem? :smack: Thanks.

#4 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

not sure exactly how things work in the states, regarding phone lines and cable connections. but if your pc has a dial-up modem built in, then you should be able to just plug the phone line into it and send a fax(completely bypassing comcast or even disconnect it while you send a fax). now this is not the same as a rsj-45 socket on the back of your pc for making a lan connection to an external modem/router that all pc's have now. yes there is software for sending faxes over a lan but judging by that earlier link, it will depend on what is on the other end of the line(receiving the fax), as to what your going to need, upto and including a special service to use as a fax gateway. sorry i really don't know enough about this subject to offer any more detailed advice because i don't send faxes and haven't for years, but i'm hoping someone else may be able to help you out further if you need it. :popcorn:

#5 Marlene

Marlene

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:32 AM

Hi! I also have a problem with BVRP Fax Tools. I used it very successfully on my old computer, but then I had to upgrade to a new computer with Windows 7 platform. I have reloaded the software but am unable to recover any of my addresses or sent and received faxes. Where do I look for these files? I could salvage the hard drive of my old laptop and can connect via cable to it from my new computer. I cannot find these old files, and the newly loaded program does not know where to look for these files. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

#6 Peter1

Peter1

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:51 AM

I always thought I needed and analog line to fax and in a way you do but it has changed recently. The line to my house from Comcast my isp now has the ability to carry both digital and analog signals. My all in one faxes nicely and I have the Conmcast triple play. My information comes from the teh who installed it and the fact that the fax runs without fail. I hope this is accurate information and helps not hampers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users