Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Can't Access Firefox or Chrome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 stopdroproll

stopdroproll

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

So I had some malware problems that messed with my internet and laptop. Went over to the Spybot forums for help and it seems to have cleared up, but I'm still experiencing symptoms that I had, which is lag and not responding problems. Another one of the main problems is that I can't open Firefox or Chrome. I can use Opera and Internet Explorer.

When I first boot up and open Opera, it will lag and not respond for about 30 minutes and then act normal. When I try to open Firefox it tells me that it is already running, but is not responding. Chrome doesn't open at all. Not only does it not open, but it also affects Opera and Internet Explorer by making them, and my computer in general, lag and not respond every 10 seconds, making it irritating and almost impossible to use. I posted in another section about possibly doing a repair install, unless somebody has another idea. On a side note, I can't open iTunes either.

Thread of reference: http://forums.spybot...ead.php?t=61662

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,031 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

You are already receiving help on this problem here: http://forums.whatth...howtopic=117421

Please do not post multiple requests to the same problem. It wastes valuable volunteer time.

If you would like to discuss the options available concerning this problem such as reinstalling Windows, or repairing Firefox and Chrome problems, please discuss them in the original thread as cited above.