Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

169 IP Address

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tdodd00

tdodd00

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

I am having trouble connecting to my wireless internet and have never had problems before. The wireless network is available, but when it connects, it connects "with limited access". I have unplugged the router, restarted the computer, and nothing seems to be fixing the issue. I know that's it's not my connection or the router, since I have taken my computer to various wireless connections, and I encounter the same problem. I checked my IP address and it is coming up as a 169. number instead of 192. Would this be the problem? And if so, what can be done to fix this? TIA

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:24 AM

This topic is being dealt with here:
http://forums.whatth...mp;#entry711226
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:37 AM

I never seem any this type of problem. But I think now I am already to prepare to face & fix the same probelm.