Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Trouble Updating Java

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 free_spirit_etc

free_spirit_etc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

I got a notice that I needed to reinstall / update Java. However, I keep getting an error. I have tried to uninstall Java with the Add / Remove Programs and JavaRa and Revo Uninstaller - and keep getting an error. I still cannot install an update. The error I keep getting it 2753 regutils.dll.

JavaRa did remove some files, but then I got an error. I got the 2753 error also with the Revo Uninstaller - then on the next step it listed several things to delete, but I clicked cancel because I wasn't sure if I should remove them if I got an error on the previous step.

I am not sure what to do.

I recently had a post on the spyware forum http://forums.whatth...h...985&st=0and the Windows forum http://forums.whatth...howtopic=113187 - but that was resolved.

Thank you.

Edited by free_spirit_etc, 05 August 2010 - 12:25 AM.

Think Outside The Box

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

Have a look, here:

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=104537
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 free_spirit_etc

free_spirit_etc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:57 AM

Have a look, here:

http://forums.whatth...howtopic=104537

Thanks! I will see if that works. :)
Think Outside The Box

#4 free_spirit_etc

free_spirit_etc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

Thanks! I tried using this, but I am still getting the error message 2753 regutils.dll when I try to install Java. I also tried installing with the firewall and antivirus turned off. I also tried installing it in safe mode. But when I try to install it in safe mode it says the administrator won't let me make changes. When I logged in as administrator it is not on the desktop. So I tried to go back online and save it to the desktop in the administrator account - but when I go to user accounts, the account I have says it is the computer administrator. So I am not sure why there is another account for system administrator in safe mode that I can't access in regular mode.
Think Outside The Box

#5 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

free_spirit - can you please be more specific and provide all content related to the error message you are receiving - the exact wording and what you see?

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#6 free_spirit_etc

free_spirit_etc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:38 PM

free_spirit - can you please be more specific and provide all content related to the error message you are receiving - the exact wording and what you see?

Thanks for responding - But now my computer is not working at all. But the error message that kept popping up just kept telling me I had a 2753 regutils.dll error. Now my computer won't turn on at all. So I don't think my java needs updating at the moment. Dang!
Think Outside The Box