Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

Welcome to What the Tech - Register now for FREE

A community of volunteers who share their knowledge, and answer your tech questions. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message, and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.

Create an Account Login to Account

Photo

Recover photos/videos from a memory stick?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kilmez

Kilmez

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

It had never happened to me, but finally it happened. I accidentally erased all the files I had on a memory stick before transfering them to my pc. I have looked around and found some programs that supposedly can recover these files. Im just wondering if they actually work, and if so, which would be a good program to buy? Thanks..

Advertisement

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,247 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

Hi Sorry to hear of the problem with the memory stick........but we have all done it!...
First don't try and format the stick or copy any data to or from it......the files may still be "there" but currently inaccessible.... if you write any data to the stick you risk overwriting the files that you want to recover....
Next you will need a good file recovery program.... PC Inspector is good and also free...
Here's the link
http://www.snapfiles...cinspector.html
When attempting the recovery make sure you write the recovered files to your hard drive and not the stick!
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Regards
paws

#3 Kilmez

Kilmez

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 12:50 AM

Thanks for the link to the program. Apparently all the files, like you said, are "there". But I can't recover them, I guess I'm doing something wrong. It did recover a couple of pictures, but I am more interested in the videos, and although I can copy the files to my hard drive, they are unusable. But my hopes are up since the files are there... is there anything else I can do??? Thanks!

Advertisement