Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller install/uninstall

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 wheaty

wheaty

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hi I just upgraded from XP to Windows 7 and installed a new Motherboard, cpu, ram video card. Everything seems to be fine except for the fact that every time I reboot I am not online, I have to go into the Device Manager and uninstall Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and then "scan for hardware changes" to reinstall it, I've updated the drivers etc but it continues to happen. Please can someone suggest something else Motherboard is ASUS P7P55D-E CPU is i5 750 4096 mb ram NVIDIA GT 220

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

Have you updated all the drivers, including Chipset? Also, you should update BIOS to the latest level. Either or both of those may solve your problem.

You could also try an older driver, like 7.018 from here: http://www.realtek.c...p;GetDown=false

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 wheaty

wheaty

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Thank you for the response, I tried both those things and it is still happening. When the computer boots up I go to connection Icon in the corner and it says: Network Internet access Unidentified network Internet Access After I uninstall the Realtek Driver it just says: Internet access Likewise if I go to "View your basic Network Information..." Before I do the uninstall/reinstall the appear to be 2 connections Network Accesstype : internet Home Network Home group: joined Connection: Local area network Unidentified Network Access type: Internet Public network Connection: Local area network After the install/uninstall, there is just the Network, Home .

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:49 PM

The next time you boot, and while the problem is still there, please open Device Manager and expand Network adapters.

Is there any indication of an error there (yellow or red mark)?

Can you post a picture? Mine looks like this:

NetAdpt.jpg

Alt+Print Screen should capture the current active window. See here for how to post it in a reply here:

http://forums.whatth...ead_t96285.html

You might also want to post in the ASUS Motherboard forum, see if anyone there is experiencing the same problem and how they have resolved it:

http://vip.asus.com/...SLanguage=en-us

Rich

#5 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

You said you did try this driver from the RealRek site, right? Win7 Driver 7.018 2010/4/21 547k

Another work around would be to install a PCI/PCI-E network card until you get this resolved. $44 to $75 here: http://shopper.cnet....9-32068995.html
Might find something cheaper elsewhere. Just a suggestion.

Rich

#6 wheaty

wheaty

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for the response This is what it looks like in Device Manager device.jpg Just to add to what I was saying earlier, this is what the corner of the desktop looks like when I boot up corner.jpg and this is what the connections page looks like connections.jpg This is the corner after I do the Uninstall/Reinstall cornerafter.jpg and the connections page connectionafter.jpg I am wondering if there is a setting in the startup that is screwing everything up. I have XP on another drive on the same computer. I disconnect that drive of course but XP doesn't have any problem connecting. I don't really have a problem buying another network adapter, I'm just concerned that the startup will look for this other unidentified network and I'll have the same problem.

Edited by wheaty, 14 May 2010 - 07:19 PM.

#7 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

You are using Homegroup which I don't use and am not at all familiar with. Do you have more than one computer with Windows 7 on it? If not, Homegroup is useless to you, so switch to a Workgroup, see if that makes any difference.

Rich

#8 wheaty

wheaty

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:28 AM

I finally figured it out, there is an "##Id_string1.68..." service that runs if you have adobe cs3, I stopped this and now my computer connects just fine. Thanks for your help and I hope this post helps others.

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

From what I can find, that services has something to do with Bonjour, which is installed with Itunes (and probably other software, maybe Adobe). How did you figure this one out? Did you find a link that helped? If so, would you post it here please? Thanks

Edited by Ztruker, 16 May 2010 - 06:41 PM.

Rich

#10 wheaty

wheaty

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:13 AM

The forum I found is here

http://social.techne...25-2271b4c898f6

The post that helped me was from December 17, 2009

Thanks

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:48 AM

Thanks wheaty. This may be good info for someone in the future looking for a similar problem fix.

Rich

#12 vpteruna

vpteruna

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:44 AM

Wheaty, I have the same problem and I have CS3. How can I find and stop the IDstring that you mentioned? And will it has any side affect to my adobe cs3?

#13 vpteruna

vpteruna

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

Hey, it works. It really strange, but it works. Thank you for sharing. And my photoshop doesn't have any issues..

#14 Kevin24

Kevin24

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:39 AM

Hi wheaty, you may be getting this problem due to one of these issues, either there’s a conflict with the drivers, or your integrated LAN card on the motherboard is dead. You can follow the steps here https://appuals.com/...lated-problems/to get rid of your problem.

#15 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Kevin24, wheaty's problem was 7 years ago. I doubt he's looking for any more help, beside, he already fixed it by stopping a service.

Rich