Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Error Message on startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 giambino

giambino

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

My problem started when I tried to install a new Canon printer. The error I get on startup is: ERROR LOADING: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCDtime.dll I since have gotten rid of the canon printer because the software didn't work either I installed an hp printer and still have the above error message on startup I have a Dell desktop computer Dell XPS DXPO51, Pentium 2.8 Ghz, 1GB of RAM Running Microsoft XP Version 2002, Service Pack 3

Edited by giambino, 19 February 2010 - 06:40 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

What is the specific error please? Does it provide any more information than what you posted? This is probably just a bad startup entry.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 giambino

giambino

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

The error i get is what i listed in the previous post: ERROR LOADING: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCDtime.dll It doesn't seem to really affect anything. I just hit OK and the message goes away....but it is annoying...

Edited by giambino, 20 February 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#4 giambino

giambino

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

any suggestions on how to get rid of this??

#5 giambino

giambino

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:58 AM

hello?......is there anybody in there???

#6 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

Yes.. Please do the following:

How to use CodeStuff Starter to view services and startup items:

• Please download and install CodeStuff Starter
  • Run Starter by finding it on your start menu after it is installed.
  • When the program opens, you will see three tabs on the main screen (Startup, Processes, Services)
  • Please click the Startup tab and make sure that All Sections is selected on the left hand side under the sections view pane.

look for a line that relates to this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCDtime.dll

It will probably start with rundll32.

Disable that item, reboot, and see if your problem is resolved.

Sorry about the delay.

Edited by appleoddity, 25 February 2010 - 09:02 AM.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.