Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

unable to connect to VPN!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:50 AM

I am connected to internet using BSNL 3G Data Card. Now, I have a client application (Secure Client) through which I can connect to my office network. When I try to connect to VPN using this application, it says that connection succeeded. But, when I try to access my office mail by typing the URL, it says that the "Firefox (I.E) cannot find the server at URL". Sometimes, I can only access my office mail only for few minutes and then, it again says "Firefox (I.E) cannot find the server at URL". At this point of time, the application (secure Client) still says that I am connected to VPN. I did not understand that what happens in few minutes due to which I lose connectivity to office mail but the application still says that I am connected to VPN. Can anyone please let me know the direction in which I should start thinking in order to resolve the issue or the parameter to check in order to verify that I am still connected to VPN?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

You may need to speak directly to the administrator of your VPN regarding encryption and authentication. Or the administrator may have set a desktop policy that your machine does not yet have configured. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:53 AM

Then, why it connects it for the first time if my desktop is not configured as per the policy set by administrator?

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:58 AM

A different consideration relates to your BSNL 3G Data Card wireless mobile connect.

I'm not an experienced user of either this wireless card and your particular VPN.
However, it is possible that the wireless card intermittently loses connection, thereby requiring you to repeat the connection steps to your VPN.

Do you also have a wired DSL internet access?
If you do, do you have less occurrence of this problem when connected by wired ethernet?
Here are a couple of notes from Microsoft Support.
http://technet.micro.....28WS.10).aspx
http://office.micros...2324501033.aspx

This user posts what sound like a similar problem and discusses particular settings
http://social.answer...2e-b86dea46bde5

The following provides a long list of possible causes and trouble-shooting for each.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135404

Again, you may benefit from discussing the matter with your VPN administrator.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 Shekhar

Shekhar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

Hi Vijay, I am exactly facing the same problem now with BSNL 3G. No problem with browsing, but with VPN I am facing same issues like problem with Outlook, frequent disconnection, etc. Connecting thru my Nokia E63. With my old Tata Indicom landline dialup connection, there are absolutely no issues. But with BSNL 3G, I'm facing these issues. Could you please share you experience on how you solved it. Many Thanks, Shekhar Bandaru.

#6 Shekhar

Shekhar

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:00 AM

Dear Moderator, I got a mail saying this is a redundant topic and is already answered. I have gone thru the answer, but could not solve the issue. Request you to reopen the query. Many Thanks, Shekhar Bandaru.

#7 DevinSmith

DevinSmith

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Fishing

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:53 AM

I've had the other issues with this that required changing the VPN type from "Automatic" to "PPTP" or "SSTP" depending on the server configuration. It definitely started after Windows updates. Hope this helps

#8 Stumber

Stumber

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:38 AM

Here's a bunch of fastest vpn services  https://flashnifties.com  just try another one. Not all free VPN services work properly.