Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Adobe Flash Player Skipping

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Gaming, Computers & Drinks With Friends.

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hey there! I have a problem with my flash player. When I am watching live streams on Mozilla Firefox, the stream skips quite a lot, it stops, but the audio is going on in the background and then it continues playing. Now, this doesn't happen in different flashes like YouTube. It usually just happens on live streams such as watching a football match. I uninstalled the flash player but nothing has changed. Any ideas in how to fix this? Thank you.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

If the streaming media is delivered via Windows Media Player, consider this:
http://www.metacafe....ther_streaming/
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

Is there any difference when viewing full-screen, vs. sizing the display down a bit? Of course, it could be a problem with the server side, and not your computer and application. This comes to mind, since you mention that other vids play just fine. Got a link to something that stutters on your machine? I'll give it a browse and see what I see.

#4 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hi Doug, thanks for both or your replies.

When I am viewing flash it is not in Windows Media Player.

There is no difference in whatever size the flash is at the time.

The server seems fine, I usually watch this link: http://www.justin.tv/liveandraw

The only problem is that it might only be up once a week because it's WWE RAW Live. Sometimes they show repeats so you might get lucky. There is a chat box on there and a few people have the same problem, but others are saying that the stream is working perfectly throughout the whole show.

Seems weird and maybe it doesn't help, but if I change it to full screen and change it back the problem doesn't really occur, or even if I right-click on the flash the problem might not occur sometimes. Maybe it's just a coincidence that the flash is working perfectly at the time, I don't know.

Thanks for your help Doug!

Posted Image

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

Gary,

You're right. there is no streaming at present for LiveRaw.
So I decided to View Archives.
the first available clip was a CHP traffic pursuit and arrest.
Video was smooth.
Audio was occasionally stuttered, but only briefly.

I may be wrong, but I think you may be mistaken about what utility is being used to display this content.
I do believe that it is MS Media Player... At least it is in my setup.

You can have a look in Firefox, by going to Tools - Options - Applications

More than likely you will have several instances of MS Media Player for various types of media.

You may benefit from updating your Media Player, or switching to a different branded media player.
Actually, I'd recommend MS Windows Media Player in most instances.

You "may" benefit from performing the "tweak" settings recommended in the links I posted earlier.
Otherwise, it may be a matter of the hops between you and the source server, or the source server itself.

I've watched a few TV and/or movies via Justin.TV.
Occasionally I have experienced stuttering.
Keep in mind that there are "many" sources of feed for various of the media presentations streamed through Justin.TV.
The source at any one time may be more or less competent.

Keep us posted.

#6 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:50 AM

Thanks once again for the reply. How do you find out what plays your flash files? I went into Firefox and clicked on Tools - Options - Applications. What content type is a flash? Sorry about this, I am usually pretty good at knowing computer stuff but this, I just don't know about. I will make the tweak in Windows Media Payer and come Monday night when the stream is live I will get back to you on how the stream went. Thanks!

Posted Image

#7 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

Hi Gary

Here you can download the Windows media Player plugin for Firefox (scroll to bottom)

https://addons.mozil...x/browse/type:7

if you want to see your plugins;

Tools - addons - choose plugin tab (Purple building block)

Another way to determine, that your plugins actually works, is the About:plugins command

In your address field, type About:Plugins
Enter

Now you are able to see all active/non-active plugins (You can't tamper with them, but only see their status)
The only plugin which should be disabled, is the default Mozilla plugin, as the other plugins will take over, once installed.
It is only enabled when no other media plugins are present.

Regards

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde