Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Java Setup Problem

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#181 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hi Star Tech, Thanks for the feedback.

appleoddity, who designed the fix, will be pleased to hear that his program has helped yet another person to overcome this problem. 

:thumbup:

Regards

paws

• nathanlphillips1 likes this
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#182 nathanlphillips1

nathanlphillips1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

I am really hoping this fixes my Java or im going to lose my mind.

#183 Pandoricai

Pandoricai

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:29 AM

Just wanted to say thank (like everybody else), we spent AGES trying to fix this problem and this fix worked in two minutes!! Amazing :D

#184 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

Thanks Pandoricai for the great feedback,
appleoddity who designed the fix will be pleased to hear that his excellent programme has helped so many folks.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#185 bbacle

bbacle

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:18 PM

Hi and glad you have put up some fixes for the java problem. But my computer will NOT install Java, no matter what I try. I have used JavaRa, JavaMSIFix, FixJava and I have made sure I have everything uninstalled from previous installations of Java.

I have Windows 7 64 bit, but can NOT get Java to install.

Here is something strange...I cloned this hard drive to another hard drive, and Java installed on it fine without any issues.

Why won't it install on this hard drive. I use this one for my main hard drive, and the cloned one mainly for games.

The one I am having problems on is a Seagate HD, and the cloned one is a Western Digital HD, if that makes any difference.

I have tried all the solutions given online, like disabling all my security software (antivirus, antispyware, firewall, UAC, etc.) and nothing has worked.

I have even created another user profile but I get the same thing.

What I get when I attempt to install the latest JRE 8u60 x86 is the blue circle going round and then absolutely nothing...no error...no nothing.

Please help.

#186 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

Hi. I am sorry you are having these troubles. This is the wrong place to post your question. I would suggest taking this message to the Microsoft windows forum and posting it. It sounds as if you have already answered your own question though. The hard drive is bad.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#187 patriot

patriot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

It doesn't solve the problem for Windows 8.1. Is there a way at least to understend what is the problem? Java installation simply doesn't start, there are no errors warnings or anything.

I also tried 10 things to try when Java won't install properly - TechRepublic - the problem is not solved.

What else can I do?