Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] CMD not working

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 hassaan

hassaan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

Hi, I am using windows xp sp2.I have noticed that when I open cmd the explorer closes automatically and re-opens after 2 seconds but cmd doesn't open.I have eset smart security 4 with latest updates.Secondly my internet is also affected.It works sometimes.I have done smart scan of eset and it found nothing.Please help me. PS:: I am not referring to internet explorer.it is the windows explorer that closes and re-opens.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Hi hassaan,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. HijackThis logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

Download HijackThis from Here .
  • If using Internet Explorer, Please select RUN
  • If Using Firefox, Download to your Desktop and then Double-Click on Icon to start installation.
  • Choose the default location of C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis as the destination. HJT needs to be in its own folder so that the program itself isn't deleted by accident. Having the backups could be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!
  • Click the Install button.
  • Accept the license agreement .
  • The progam will place a shortcut on your desktop. This will make it easier for you to access the tool when required.
  • Click Do a system scan and save a log file. A Notepad file will open.
  • To post the text, first you must highlight the entire text and then press the (Ctrl+C) keys which copies it to your clipboard.
  • Now paste the log into this thread using the (Ctrl + V) buttons.

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS MOST OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COMPUTER
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HJT log
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014