Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows XP Reinstall - No Network Adapter Found

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Do you have Norton's installed?

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Post a screen shot of Device Manager please.

Easiest way to get to Device Manager is to press WinKey+R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO.

CAPTURE - How to capture screen images (screen shots), Windows Made Easy
UPLOAD IMAGE - How to upload into your thread, Windows Made Easy

To post a picture here, do the following:
  • To capture the entire desktop, press the Print Screen key, To capture the active window, press Alt+Print Screen.
  • Open a Image editing program like Paint (Start / Run type mspaint and press Enter) or IrfanView and paste the screen capture into it, then save the file to a place where you can find it.
  • Goto a web site like
    register if needed then upload your picture.
  • Copy the link to your picture then paste it into a post in this thread.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#18 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:40 AM

Hi ajook,
In your comment

Paws, see the answer above.

Unfortunately you have not provided the answers to all my questions, and neither were they provided fully in the "answer above"

In order to provide you with the assistance you seek, it is necessary for me to ask questions to establish an appropriate way forward and a suitable method of repair.

It is of course your computer, so please, feel free not to answer my questions, if you have reasons to do so...but I regret that in those circumstances I will be unable to help you with the problems on your computer.

I want to help you get your computer working correctly.... but you must remember that as I don't have it on my workbench in front of me, (where a repair would be much simpler) I must rely upon you to report on the situation accurately and comprehensively and provide me with the full information that I need to make appropriate recommendations for you.

If you provide the answers to my questions then I will be happy to procced with the next steps
Regards
paws

Edited by paws, 05 March 2011 - 05:23 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#19 denno

denno

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Raising Golden Retrievers; folk-rock and Irish music (what I do); reading; DIY; websites; writing

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

2 cents worth..... I just did a reinstall of XP and for some of the drivers had to go to a second disc of "drivers and utilities." Gray label. HTH Denno

#20 KatherineYH

KatherineYH

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

You need to boot the computer and check if the correct driver is loaded on Device Manager in Control Panel. Then you need to search for ‘Network Adapters’ category, and press on the plus sign next to it. If you see an exclamation point or question mark next to the adapter, or if you fail to find the category, then the problem might be due to an incorrect driver installed. In order to solve the problem, you need to follow the instructions from the manufacturer and correctly install the newest driver for the Network Interface Card for the Operating System (OS).
http://router.iyogi....-not-found.html